...he will not be a Love Interest in Dragon Age Inquisition. twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/statu…
|More Journal Entries|
Medicinal: Varric x Fenris"... and then she leaned over, brushed her hand over my collar, moving so close I could feel her breath on my ear. Before she pulled away, she murmured a quiet, 'Good on you, Varric; should the nights get too cold this winter, I'll at least know the location of the warmest bed in the Free Marches.' I've never seen a smirk that damn... smug in all of my years on anyone but myself."Medicinal: Varric x Fenris by fair-hermia
The elf half-lying on the opposite side of the couch took a long drag from the slow-burning cigarette, drawing the smokes into his lungs only to keep it there until he felt the burn. Exhaling slowly, his eyes fluttered open to watch tendrils of thick gray leave his mouth and nose, curling up around the contours of his face.
"Considering our location, the tales of your excess don't surprise me," he murmured, shifting himself on the dark red cushions. "The truth in them, however, is up for debate. Much... much debate. Mmm."
Varric glanced around. He'd already soaked up every detail in this lavishly decor
An Update, A Varric ficTitle: An UpdateAn Update, A Varric fic by Kelticmoon24
Game: Dragon Age 2
Pairings: Varric/Hawke friendship
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Varric stared into the fireplace at the Hanged Man as he waited for Hawke to meet with him. Ever since they had gotten back from the Deep Roads, Varric has been searching diligently for his no good, backstabbing older brother. Now he had finally gotten word that Bartrand had returned to Kirkwall and had bought a mansion in Hightown. The part that made him worry was telling Hawke.
As if on cue, Varric heard footsteps behind him and turned to see the woman walking toward him, her blue mage robes illuminating in the firelight.
“Hawke, I’ve got some news,” Varric said before adding, “You might want to sit down before I tell you more, though.”
Ororo grabbed a chair from a nearby table and sat down as she said, “Whatever it is Varric; you can tell me.”
Maker, he hated when she said things like that.
Glad We MetTitle: Glad We MetGlad We Met by Kelticmoon24
Game: Dragon Age 2
characters/pairing: Varric Tethras, F!mage Hawke,
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Just a sweet drabble I thought of. Also, this is intended to be a best friend story.
Night had fallen on Kirkwall as Ororo Hawke sat at the table she and her friends usually drank at in the Hanged Man, the fire in the nearby fireplace warming the dark skin on her face. Tonight it was just her, Varric, Isabella, and Merrill (well and Blizzard); Aveline was on duty patrolling the docks, Anders was in his clinic probably writing another one of his manifestos, Sebastian didn’t like coming to the Hanged Man, and Maker knew what Fenris was doing tonight. Isabella was telling Merrill one of her wild tales of being a ship captain while Varric listened and Blizzard slept at Ororo’s feet. Ororo wasn’t really paying attention; her mind was lost in thought as her ice blue eyes stared into her third ale. Papa had called
Wait A Minute!“Wait a minute, you traveled with the Arishok? You’re friends with him?” Siobhann Hawke-Tethras looked at her red headed cousin, her violet-blue eyes wide. “Well shit, if I’d known that, I’d have tried to find another way to get Isabella back without killing him.” Sighing, she leaned against Varric, and was rewarded by a gentle pat on her back.Wait A Minute! by Dragonwyrd316
Fiona Amell shook her head with a chuckle, her dark eyes twinkling with merriment. “Not the same qunari, my dear. My Sten took up the mantle of Arishok after your duel left the previous one a crispy critter.”
“Oh thank the Maker’s untwisted granny panties for that one. To think I killed your friend… ugh.”
Snorting out a laugh, Fiona reached out and poked Siobhann on the nose, leaving a hint of frost behind. Rolling her eyes, the dark haired mage flicked a tiny fireball at her cousin which was easily puffed out.
Round eyes of the others seated at the table fixated on th
Sonnet for VarricSonnet for VarricSonnet for Varric by Perahn
With tales and lies he shapes the world the way
It ought to be, its heroes burning bright,
Its monsters mostly dark, but sometimes grey
Uncertain of their path, or what is right.
He tells the Seeker of his friends, and here
The storyteller cannot play his game
And lie; the truth’s too painful and unclear.
Was Hawke a hero? Who should bear the blame?
There is no monster’s face unveiled, no arc,
No pattern, plot or sense. There’s death and dust
And all the world left stumbling in the dark
Of Anders’s dream and Meredith’s distrust.
He knows the ending does not satisfy
But it must stand. He cannot find a lie.
| PLEASE REMEMBER, FEATURED FOLDER IS FOR ART OF HIGH QUALITY, AS DETERMINED BY THE ADMINS.|
DO NOT SUGGEST UNLESS YOU THINK THE PIECE CAN COMPETE WITH THE OTHERS IN THAT FOLDER.
1. REMEMBER TO CHECK WHICH FOLDER YOU ARE SUBMITTING INTO FOR THE LOVE OF THE ANCESTORS PLEASE! (we don't want to end up denying or rearranging constantly, if you follow this simple instruction, you make our jobs easier). Also, no Varric Tethras involved in your fanart? Please submit it to a more appropriate group. Sorry.
2. Group Art: Varric and one or more character(s). Simple enough. (Bianca isn't a character just so you know)
3. Solo Art: Varric on his own. Or with Bianca.
4. Varric in your Memes: Title explains itself.
5. Animation, GIF, Motivationals and Photomanipulation: Flash animations, GIF animations or screenshots that have undergone editing.
6. Comics: Comic strips starring Varric.
7. Stamps and Icons: Again, title explains itself.
8. Not Safe For Work NSFW: Images that require the dA maturity censor. FanFiction with the "Mature Tag" still belong in the FanFiction section.
9. Screenshots: Simple enough. Also, slightly edited screenshots go here.
10. Wallpapers: FanArt made as wallpapers. Screenshots in the size of wallpapers (with or without minor edits) still belong to the Screenshots folder.
11. FanFiction: For things of words and prose.
12. WIP: FanArt still unfinished and in-the-making, basically Work-In-Progress (WIP).
13. Romance Novels: (Not open to members at the moment. But here's the lowdown.) A collection of Varric-related Romance Novel Covers...
IMPORTANT! A good rule of thumb for the romance novel covers is that if they are too risqué to ever be on a bookstore shelf, then tone it down you're missing the joke. When in doubt, google 'romance novel covers.' Click here for the Origin story.
14. Cosplay: Title explains itself.
15. Miscellaneous: If you're not sure where your piece goes, or it doesn't belong in other categories, do submit them here.
16. If you want to recommend a FanArt to be Featured, please send it to its relevant folder first. Then send a note to an Admin.
( Dragonwyrd316 or KathTea-Katastrophy )